Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct outlines the safety and community expectations for the delivery service providers (DIP Deliverer, DIPpers or You) who use and/or provide delivery services on our DIP delivery mobile application (DIP App).
In this document, “we”, “us” or “our” means DIP Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 653 903 649) of c/- WSC Group, Unit 11, 800-812 Illawarra Road, Menai NSW 2234, Australia.
- You must obey all signs, directions and instructions and ensure that you are familiar with and understand all relevant State road rules when using a vehicle to provide the services.
- You must check your vehicle regularly and ensure that it is maintained so it is operational, safe and unlikely to break down in the provision of the delivery services.
- You must keep records of all maintenance and services conducted on your vehicle.
- You must not provide any part of the Services at a time when you have consumed alcohol or taken any drugs or medication that may affect your ability to drive safely.
- If you are affected by injury, illness or fatigue, you must not accept any deliveries while you remain unfit for work.
- If you are travelling with an animal in your vehicle while providing the services, the animal must be restrained in accordance with the laws applicable in your State or Territory to avoid any distraction or injury.
- You are solely responsible for the safety and conduct of any passengers in your vehicle while you are providing the delivery services,
- You must comply with applicable speed limits and only park in lawful places.
- You must use appropriate protective clothing and equipment appropriate to your means of travel including seatbelts, helmets and/or protective and high visibility clothing.
- If you encounter environmental or weather hazards during deliveries, you should assess the level of risk and consider strategies to avoid or minimise the risk of injury to you and those around you.
- For large delivery items, the items must be secured according to applicable law and to ensure safety of the items and of other road users.
- Any accidents, incidents or injuries must be reported to us through the DIP App and to the relevant work safety authority in the State or Territory in which the event occurred.
- You must behave respectfully and professionally when interacting with our customers and staff. If we receive reports of disrespectful, rude, inappropriate, discriminatory, unprofessional, dangerous or threatening conduct, we may terminate our agreement with you in our absolute discretion.
- You must follow any customer delivery instructions which are reasonable and do not conflict with health, safety and other applicable laws. When delivering alcohol and/or prescription medicines you must request identification from the customer in order to confirm prior to any handover of the delivery that the receiver is over the age of 18 years and/or matches the identity of the customer provided in the delivery instructions. Unless otherwise specified, you must not allow a third party to receive the alcohol or prescription medicines on behalf of the identified customer.
- Failure to comply with this code of conduct may result in termination of our agreement with you.